Tuesday, February 07, 2006

margaritaville


Ok so not quite the Margaritaville of Metten Court but a few of us settled for one of the only "Mexican" restaurants in Niigata. After coming down with influenza earlier in the week and being quarantined to my apartment, I was definitely ready to leave Sanjo for a bit on a Saturday night. I met Makiko on the train wearing a mask, as if I were infected with SARS, so that no one else would get sick. However at that point I was on medicine and pretty sure that it was no longer contagious. Mostly I think it was for the pure amusement of wearing a face mask in public. Anyway we met up with Kate, Kayvohn, and Melissa at Niigata station and headed to the restaurant. Margaritas were definitely in order and everyone had either tacos or enchiladas. Not quite the Mexican food that anyone would get back in North America but it was a good effort. We did get to party to the new Madonna song though on Melissa's ipod which probably made everyone in the restaurant stare but it was a blast.


Then it was off to the Robin which was oddly enough the name of a Irish pub nearby. All the things I never knew you could find in Niigata and all I had to do was walk around the other side of Niigata Station. Kayvohn and I couldn't resist some Guinness, especially when the etch a four leaf clover into the head. With some fish and chips to top off the night Makiko and I headed back to Sanjo but Melissa and Kayvohn pulled another all nighter, talk about rockstars. Of course it started snowing pretty intensely on our way back so I had to use Melissa's ghetto window squeegee to clean off all the snow. Then it was off to bed so I could completely recover from being sick... yet again.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No more being sick aaron kiyo!!!!! :) that guinness is the sweetest thing I've ever seen! Can't wait till you're home and we can go out together! :) Love yoU!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home