Sunday, January 29, 2006

all night niigata


Last weekend it was decided that we would spend all night in Niigata drinking and having a good time after the musical. To be honest, I really wasn't feeling up for it after all the drinking I had been doing during the week. However we still headed to the play, the Jungle Book, put on by a bunch of ALT's and various Japanese people trying to raise money for education in Papau New Guinea. It was actually very well put together and I was impressed by the costumes and overall job everyone did. Also one of my JTE's (Japanese Teacher of English), Sachino, came with one of her friends, Yagi, and it was good to see her there.

After some Mos Burger and beers in Maki, I was easily convinced to head into Niigata the rest of the night. It seems that my friends, whether here or back home, always managed to energize me when it is time to have fun. First we headed to Immigrants, which is where the musical was having a fundraiser, in order to start out the night with bang. The place was packed so much so that you could barely make it to the bar to get a drink. We did some dancing and socializing before the party started to wind down. At that point it was off to Hot Spot for some more drinking fun and to check out a cute Japanese bartender. Little did we know that there was this huge thug rap fest going on in there. It was ridiculously crowed with Japanese gangsters and girls wearing clear heels with lace up pants... you read that right lace up pants. It was alright but the situation was a little overwhelming. When it was all said and done I was glad to get out of there. Before hopping the train back to Sanjo I managed to head to karaoke with Sachino and Yagi for an hour of singing. Then hopped the 5am train from Niigata to Sanjo and the rest is history.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger melissa said...

If we weren't in Japan and somehow we stumbled upon a thug fest like the one on Saturday night, I would have feared for my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home