Saturday, December 17, 2005

don't be a hobo

Sadly one of the crew is leaving us in the next month. Emily is supposedly heading back to the states this January and it will most likely be while the rest of us are home over break. In order to properly send her off we decided to have a pseudo sayonara party for her. Of course we, and by we I mean mostly me, did a little pre-gaming on the train over to get the night started. We began the night at Asian Kitchen, which is this restaurant in Niigata that has this nifty light show at seven, which I have mentioned before. Before dinner started we were a little short on people since a few had bailed because of the poor weather conditions. We still managed to have a fun meal that was made complete with plenty of drinks, flavorful food and good conversation.



After dinner we decided that the next best thing to do would be karaoke at a place called big echo. This place is not to be confused with the aforementioned manekineko because there is a much larger music selection to jam out to. We were in this cool room that had all these werewolf black light images on the wall. After a couple hours of drinking and singing our life away it was time to make our next stop that happened to be Hot Spot, which is a bar in Furumachi district of Niigata.

One of the key reasons for going was because certain person on our trip, who shall remain nameless unless they decide otherwise, had a thing for the bartender there. Needless to say in the middle of our game of never have I ever they went up to the bar to get a fresh drink and came back with a phone number and a keitai address. It was awesome! Too bad I can't just pick up guys like that.

Finally we got some drunken ramen at this place near the bar, who knows the name or if we could find it again, but it was exactly what we needed after a long night of partying. Of course I crashed at Melissa's place after I had passed out while we were taking a daiko (this amazingl taxi service that drives your car back for you) back to Maki.


The next day I was excited because I was not nearly as hung over as I thought I would be. However, after calling my parents, Melissa, Kate and I headed out for McDonald's. Even though I am in Japan, I still feel there is no better way to cure a hangover than to have some greasy McDonald's. Sadly I missed breakfast again but there will always be a next time. Then we came back and did a crazy Engrish t-shirt exchange for Christmas. For those that have no clue what Engrish is, Japanese doesn't really have a distinction between the "r" and the "l" sound. Therefore when spelling out English words they sometimes end up putting those letters in places they shouldn't be or just flat out jumble a bunch of letters together. My t-shirt says "Grass Hither he is too positive about everything confidence person flogs." I am sure over the next year or so I will be collecting plenty of these for my wearing pleasure.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger melissa said...

Yeah, that girl is awesome at picking up dudes. Who knew, she's been on sabbatical for such a long time. Let's welcome her back from the nunnery!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger melissa said...

you do look kinda slow in that present picture.

OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home