Monday, February 06, 2006

it is official

As of today, I turned in my forms announcing that I am NOT re-contracting for next year. Part of me is sad that I won't get to see any of my students through a full school year but then again I am excited to be heading home. Being here is an amazing experience but I feel like there are so many other things I want to do that I really don't know what I would be staying for. Not having a solid reason to stay is as good a reason to leave as having a good reason not to stay. If that made any sense to anyone but me. In any case I will be home sometime in August depending on the detours I make before landing in Minneapolis for good. The plan as of now is to live with some of my roommates from college while saving money for graduate school the following June. We'll see how it goes but at least I will be home.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger melissa said...

Chick: He was not really completely gay.
Guy: What was he, then?
Chick: He was more just completely fabulous.

--10th & Broadway

 
At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, why don't you study here in Singapore? NUS, where i study has fantastic scholarship offers for people from the US. i received one, and i was able to save hell lot of money while enrolled in grad school! and now, im heading back to North America to specialize on Southeast Asia/East Asia in a really good Ph.D. program.

just a thought!

check NUS' website out: www.nus.edu.sg

it has a japanese studies program. but what area of graduate studies are you interested at anyway?

lovely stranger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home