Wednesday, August 31, 2005

melissa joins the pen


Another night out with more people joining the pig pen. Last night we decided on Pizzeria to fill our tummies and it was surprisingly good. The usual array of Japanese Italian food consists of mayo and corn on pizza or octopus pasta with Greek sauce was absent at the restaurant but I can't say I was sad about that. Instead we had some good old seafood alfredo, eggplant marinara, and marinara basil pizza. In true form, Grace, Melissa and I licked our plates clean. Afterwards, still being hungry, we decided to stop at a conbini (also known as a convenience store) for some good cheap ice cream. With me being the biggest pig of them all, I decided to grab a big american dog for old times sake. For those that didn't go abroad with me the first time, a big american dog is the fancy name for the great 7eleven corn dog. Granted it is not Minnesota State Fair quality, which by the way I am missing yet another year of food on a stick, but when you are in the land of rice and raw fish it doesn't matter too much what it tastes like just that it is Western food. The amazing thing about Japan is that convenience stores over here (mainly 7eleven, Lawson's and Save On) are actually convenient: cheap food, well prepared, and at almost every corner. So we took our dollar ice cream, plus one big american dog, and headed to my apartment. Where the following picture of me eating a big american dog was taken and let's just say I know how to down one of these. Ok bad joke but Melissa and I were laughing almost to the point of crying when it was taken. It was just one of those nights where it felt like I was sitting around the Brichacek table with my stomach getting the ab workout of its life. Sadly the night was broken off early as some people, namely the two others which I won't name, had to get to bed. Anyway, mark this one as another fun night in Tsubame-Sanjo.

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger melissa said...

PS - my ice cream cost about $2.29, not $1 like yours and Grace's. Remember the most important lesson of that night - you have to pay for class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home