Sunday, April 23, 2006

flower power



Late last week I took the opportunity to see the sakura (cherry blossoms) in Sanjo at Osakiyama Park with Kristi. We had been toying with the idea earlier in the week and decided about an hour before hand to go for it. Sadly I had been delayed at work so it had started to get dark by the time I arrived. However it was still amazing to be surrounded by so many cherry blossoms and add the mountaintop view to make for a gorgeous evening. I never knew Sanjo, apparently the industrial center of Niigata, could be so beautiful. After about an hour of wandering and taking it all in we headed back in for dinner at Pizza Hut. Little did we know that Nuria and Sarah were also there so the four of us grabbed some greasy pizza. After which, with little debate, we headed to the brand new Baskin Robbins in nearby Tsubame. It was nice to get in both my Japanese and American cravings before heading out again for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home